Groupon: $99 for 8-Week Bowling League Plus 30-Minute Bowling Class ($200 value)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When does the league start?
The league will start the last week of October 2013.
- What day and time will I bowl?
During registration (see question 5 below), we will obtain your availability. The league(s) will bowl on the days and times most suitable for the majority of registrants.
- When will I be notified of the league start date?
We will contact you in October 2013.
- What if you are unable to accommodate my availability?
If we cannot accommodate your availability, simply contact Groupon for a refund.
- I am interested, I bought the Groupon voucher, what is my next step?
Simply contact Burlington Bowl via email at LeagueServices@BurlingtonBowl.com, or call 905-681-2727, to register.
- Why should I join a league?
There are many benefits in joining a league. They are social, active and always fun. It is a competitive, lifelong sport where you can meet new people and make new friends. All playing abilities are welcomed.
- How many weeks does the league run for?
The league will consist of eight consecutive weeks.
- How many games do I bowl each week?
Each week you will bowl 3 games.
- Is there any practice time to warm up?
Yes, there is. 10 minutes before you begin bowling will be allocated to allow you to warm up.
- What happens if I miss a week?
If you are unable to make any week, you can bowl your 3 games anytime before the week you are going to miss.
Your 3 games will count as if you were there. This is called a bowl-off.
- How long will it take me to bowl my 3 games each week?
It will depend on the number of players you have on your team. On average, it takes approximately 30 minutes per player to bowl 3 games. For example, if you have 3 players on your team, it would take you approximately 90 minutes to bowl your 3 games.
- I am not a good bowler. Will I be competing against better bowlers?
It does not matter if you are competing against better bowlers. Burlington Bowl uses what is called a handicap system to equalize the playing field. The handicap system credits lower-averaged bowlers with extra points for the games they bowl so that your scores are comparable to a better bowler. For example, if you bowl 150 and have a handicap of 50, your total recognized score is 200.
- How is my handicap calculated?
Handicaps are calculated on a base score. In most cases the base score is 200. Your handicap is calculated on the difference between your average and the base score. For example, if your average is 148, your handicap would be
52 (200 - 148).
- What if I have more questions?
Simply contact Burlington Bowl via email at LeagueServices@BurlingtonBowl.com, or call 905-681-2727.